Friday, November 26, 2004

What does it mean to love God?
How do we love God?

We're finite and God is infinite. He is perfect. You and I? We're imperfect. Yet we're called to love God. How can we do that? I long for it. I long to love Him with a pure, perfect and stable love but so often it wavers and falters. I tell Him I love Him and I do believe that deep within me I do, but it is a difficult thing to maintain. Maybe the problem is that I have a difficult maintaining much of anything in my life, love included. In relationships with other people I struggle in relationship with them, so how can I expect to do well in a relationship with the Divine King? Somehow, by means of something I cannot understand, He manges to be full of love, mercy and forgiveness towards me. I don't understand. So I need to keep on trying tolearn how to love Him and to serve Him.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. World without end. Amen.

No comments: